Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Week 1 EOC/ Great Costumer Service

The selling concept is typically practiced with unsought goods—those that buyers do not
normally think of buying, such as insurance or blood donations. These industries must be good at
tracking down prospects and selling them on product benefits.” I usually don’t shop unless I need to
shop for something in specific, or something that I truly need at that moment. The other day I went out shopping because I realize it was time for me to get a new pair of shoes since my old pair where
completely destroyed, and no human being should ever be seen wearing treads for shoes. There is only brand of shoes that I wear, Vans, they are comfortable, stylish and they usually last me a long time. Usually when I go in the store I have my headphones on so none of the selling monkeys will bother me and let me shop in peace. This time I forgot my headphones so I had to confront them. As soon as I walk in the door the first think I hear “Welcome to Vans”. Great it has started I thought. I keep on walking without acknowledging the tiny girl that had greeted me. I was surprised that she didn’t follow me immediately. After a wile of wondering around I see the same girl walking to towards me. I had to confront the million questions. She started talking and the only thing she said was “Make sure to check out our buy one get one 50% off” then she proceeded on her way. I was surprised I wasn’t attacked like I have been before a million other. I called the girl and she turned around with the biggest genuine smile and I asked a little bit more about the promotion. Bottom line is I ended up buying four pairs of shoes and two packages of socks, two shirts and I’ going back for a skateboard sometime soon, all thanks to a smile and just the right amount of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment