Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Superbowl Commertial


The Best Buy “Phone Innovators” commercial for the Super bowl 2012. This commercial is a tribute to one of the most popular and important invention in today’s society, the smartphone. Today most people have a sentimental attachment with their smartphone, and also to the apps in them, including myself. These people’s life it’s so adapted to the phone that many can’t function without it for a whole day. Many dispute that it has ruined society and the way we look at things. In part I do agree with them since I believe that your entire life should not revolve around a materialistic object. Yet I am technology’s number one fan. We live in an era where technology is essential, without it humanity would have not come this far. But one has to remember technology works for people and not the other way around, and that is exactly what the smartphone is to me. Yes my phone is used in big part for my social life such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, texting and what not, but it is also my gateway to the rest of the world such as emergencies, work or any business I’m currently working on. And the little extras have never bothered anyone. Through this apps mentioned in this commercial, which I have all downloaded into my phone, I have done way much more than socializing. I have kept myself in communication with people in other countries, even continents. Also I have gotten a few photography gigs through them.  My smartphone is so much more than just a piece of metal to me it’s my most useful gadget. There is definitely a sort of sentimental attachment between me, my phone, and my apps, and I’m sure I can speak for millions as well. Best Buy really nailed waking that feeling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment